Sunday, May 29, 2011

Boys upon boys: A photo barrage

First of all... who would ever have thought that the Myers/Nutting/Womack clan would have sooo many boys. For decades, it was the slough of girls versus Wesley. Now, between me and my two older sisters we have 6 boys! With Birthdays and family visiting from Denver we have had the great pleasure of spending lots of time with our cousins.
It has been raining for almost two weeks now with very few breaks. There is major flooding in some parts of the state but for us, just copious amounts of mud, snot and, worms. Every time we visit my folks, Maddox winds up stripped to his skivvies and we are scrounging around for something to wear home, and I get a bag full of muddy clothes...except for the one time I came prepared, then he stayed perfectly clean but for the marshmallow smeared over his face.


Mud, snot, and worms(I hate snot so much it took everything in me to not delete this)



Nogi Bear

Snot trough Mud Slinger


Sweet Sawdog

Feisty Sawdog

Uncle Todd, aiding and abetting

Maddox adores his cousins, of course, and has recently transitioned from parallel play, and just watching the older boys, to being fully engaged. Last weekend we went to an indoor water park where Maddox and Smith went round and round, for at least half an hour, holding hands and climbing up to the biggest kiddie slide. Once at the top, Smith would usher Maddox into the tube and then follow him down. They'd climb out, hold hands and run back to do it again. Then, we got to go back this weekend with Blake! *****
A few of my favorite quotes from the last week:

"Maddox, Maddox, wanna go down the yellow swide with me"?
"Where's Smiff, where's Smiff, wets go"!
"Go see cussins, I see Mason, I go swimmin"
"Go see Grammy, I see the chickens" this is his assumption every time we get in the car.
Me: Maddox we're gonna go swimming with the cousins!
Mad: (no response)
Me: Maddox, did you hear what I said?
Mad: Yes, I hear you. I honk your nose, honk, honk, honk.

And while those are adorable(at least to this mama,) the squeals and peels of laughter were really the best.

After spending a weekend with the older boys, Maddox made his first attempt at standing while urinating, unprompted and REALLY inaccurate :) There is a definite learning curve and he has since reverted back to the old method. Of course I snapped a photo because it was hilarious and Bing was missing it but, as I thought more about it, I decided I would like him to like me during his teen years and thus, deleted it. I have not a single photo of the water park because I was actively involved in the fun and my camera is not water friendly, but trust me, it ROCKED!


For Good measure. Jetty is rarely involved in the heavy action and so the only pictures are of him being totally adorable.


Shoving in puffs by the handful

Can you believe those eyes?!

***** Thanks Auntie Gail for hooking us up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you have gorgeous kids! :) I loved hanging out with you the other day!
Can we do it again soon?

Jess

Grammie Perrine said...

This is so wonderful... COUSINS! I had em...but most were MUCH older and ALL lived far away. No big fun play at Grammie's for me... or for my kids either, for that matter. This times with everyone together and making memories is so precious, better than mounds of gold. I love it sooo much!

Gailzee said...

Right on Grammie Perrine! I had sooo much fun watching and playing at the Water Park with all the boys! Those kids were amazing!

Reese said...

Great photos, Lanie. I'd like the one of SawDog. Love that our boys get to grow up with their cousins just like we did!

Lindsey K said...

I always love a good photo barrage!