Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just a quick update.
I am now 38 weeks, the ticker says 12 days until I am due. I beg to differ. I'm ready now and I think baby girl can come at any time. The changes in my body could mean she comes today or she may not. That part kind of sucks. I feel great other than minor discomforts associated with a foot in the liver or lungs and occasional sciatic nerve pain. I still sleep well at night, I am not ill and despite what others might think, I am quite small (at least compared to last time). I am having fun buying cute dresses and shoes and headbands but have decided to wait until we move to invest in another crib and other large pieces that would just mean more work in a few months.

Maddox is sweet to his sister and tells her goodnight and good morning, gives her kisses and thanks Jesus for his sister "Laundry". That will make sense when I go Internet public with her name. Yes, I will tell you to your face if you ask me but, no, I will not yet publish it on the web. Jetty, oh Jetty. I am slightly scared of what he might do. He gave me my first black eye last week and he uses his head as a lethal weapon. He has the ability to snuggle you sweetly and be a little pumpkin and then smash his head into you with surprising force, taking you by complete surprise. He does well with puppies though, so I am hoping a small human being is safe in his presence. She will be one tough little cookie :)

Bing continues to be healthy and has had no issues with his heart for a long time. He goes in for regular check ups and ICD interrogations just to see what is going on but, the doctors have been astounded by his complete turn around.

He and I are happy and loving the life we have managed to make for ourselves. God is so wonderful and the miracles he has performed on our spiritual hearts never cease to amaze me. We can hardly recognize ourselves as we were 3 years ago. The hurdles and hang ups, the addictions and poor choices, we were on a really ugly road! I am so grateful for the man of character and integrity Bing has morphed into. He is passionate about pouring into others, he works tirelessly to provide for our family and he makes special time to spend with the boys on a regular basis. I'm just so proud.

Jetty is up now... so done or not. See you soon :)

4 comments:

naomi said...

What a lovely post! My favorite part, "he does well with puppies though..."

Lindsey K said...

What a great update, Chad said he just missed seeing you at your parents the other night! I can't wait to meet that little lady!

Grammie Perrine said...

Tears in my eyes for your humor..for your love... for your good choices....so grateful for YOU

Grammie Perrine said...

Just re-read your last paragraph and cried again at your loving words.