Friday, November 7, 2014

Changing it up!

I realize I am no professional at blogging. My style, my page, and my consistency are lazy at best. The good news is, I started this for my family, to keep them up to date on the babies and our exciting life, and they rarely judge me for lacking perfection. The other good news is that other people read it too. I say this is good news because that means that they have found some nugget, or style, or phrasing (or maybe they have found our life), to be intriguing enough to dive into. Family can be brutal, but anonymous, internet strangers can be even more so... I sometimes struggle with that, feeling vulnerable or weird that people "google" us, and when they do they come across this sight and Lord knows what else... I haven't googled myself in a few years.  Granted, I have left the blog public, not having anything in particular that I feel I need to protect or hide but not ever assuming that anyone who doesn't personally know us would care to look. That said, I am trying to polish it up a bit, make it less haphazard. And maybe....just maybe, I'll actually start updating again!

In this effort, I have created a makeshift desk where my computer and printer are set up 24/7, which allows me easier access and it is constantly in my sight. Before, the laptop wandered around the house infrequently opened and often tucked away.

My goal these last few weeks has been to create scenarios for change. Rather than just wishing I were better at things, I am taking steps to help myself be better at them. Funny how helpful that is...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray!

Unknown said...

Looks like posting comments is something I haven't done in a while..... Happy to see you blogging!

Grammie Perrine said...

I love you Lane Perrine!

gailzee said...

Lane, you Are articulate and positive and fun and I love it most when you are real and just the Lane I know and love...no expectations, phoniness... just you being you!