Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sweetest Thing

Maddox was having a hard time falling asleep and kept standing in his crib whining. After a solid hour of trying to lay him down and walk away, I sat in the rocker and sang to him. Maddox is not a "cuddler" and usually pushes away when you try to hold him close but, he laid in my arms and was calm. He reached up and touched my lips and started humming. There was no tune or cadence just a little hum, but it was enough to melt my heart. He kept it up for about ten minutes and then went to bed peacefully. He is the sweetest thing. I feel love so intense that it is painful, as if my heart couldn't hold another drop of love. I guess it is a good thing I have two boys to absorb the overflow.

4 comments:

aubyn said...

Oh man are you whipped!! Ha ha I can see how this happens since your boys are so stinkin cute :)

Grammie Perrine said...

I love this entry, Laney Bird, it tugs at my heartstrings. . . Bing was a very crabby baby - he would calm down to "Summertime".

Janelle Wilson said...

I can totally see how Maddox could steal a heart. I fear babysitting because sometimes I'm worried I won't give him back. And I'm pretty sure that's a felony.

Gailzee said...

As always, loved the pics of everybody! Thanks so much for filling in for me! I know that your debt is gonna be big, but thankfully our GOD is BIGGER! I love you guys!