Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A lesson on submission

I have long been a "worrier". You name it, I have probably fretted over it. Bing and I have had many discussions about me worrying and it usually goes like this. "Honey, you know that I worry about ... and I think that maybe you just don't worry enough".

Bing is blessed with the gift of "anti-worry", I know it isn't a word but what else do you call it? He not only doesn't worry, he talks a big talk about how everything is going to be ok and not only ok but awesome. HE is going to be "awesome" and make lots of money doing something. Yada, yada, yada. Meanwhile, I go on worrying.

At church, Pastor Stan talked about trusting God. If you say you trust him, but then go on worrying you are a liar. Worrying is like saying, " I know better than you God and this might not be ok".

I don't know how many times I have heard this basic concept, or read the right verses in the Bible, or prayed that I might stop worrying, and nothing changed. This weekend I heard it, and then read it somewhere else and it all of the sudden hit me. It became a TRUTH in my heart and I realized that it is SIN for me to worry and God is my ultimate protector. When has He not taken care of me?

I repented, I tithed more than I thought we could "afford" and I have consciously let the worry go.

Today, we received a large check from a very kind man who was a patron at the wine bar and barely know us. Enough to make our mortgage payment this month. The mortgage on the house the we have been talking about selling because we can't really afford it.

Thank you Lord, for richly blessing my family, this house, and my relationship with Bing. The more you reveal to me and the more I listen, the better and more joyful my life gets. Thank you for protecting us and generously providing for us. I love you.

Lane

7 comments:

Reese said...

So glad I visited your blog this morning - I am encouraged by it! I, too, struggle with 'walking the walk' and not just 'talking the talk'. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Erica Burkhalter said...

How awesome! Thank you for sharing! I, too, worry...about EVERYTHING! At church a couple of Sundays our pastor worded it like this: to worry is to believe that God will abandon you. Awesome testimony, Lane!

Janelle Wilson said...

You certainly are blessed!

Addie said...

A good word from a fellow fretter. And praise the Lord for His timely mercies!

Grammie Perrine said...

Oh, Lane.. how inspiring and touching. I am so blown away by this post and so amazed of others' generosity. WOW!

Hannah said...

This was a touching little post Laney, thank you for being so honest. Every once in a while you write something that sounds wise beyong your years little mama.