Thursday, October 21, 2010

Get some coffee and settle in

I sometimes forget what I have and haven't shared, it is Facebook's fault. These might be repeats for some of you but, I know my mom and some others will appreciate it!
We went to the Nuttings and helped chop wood, by "we" I mean Bing. I stayed out of the way and nursed the babe. Maddox was born to be a little logger, or at least look the part.

***
I made fried chicken for the first time, it was perfection.
***
We went to the pumpkin patch to get fall pictures... harder than we thought. It was getting too dark, Jetty doesn't sit up on his own, Maddox is two and the list of obstacles could go on and on. It was a really fun place though with big slides, a tee pee with a corn "sandbox" inside, a cow train pulled by a four wheeler, two different corn mazes and homemade kettle corn, YUMMY!

***
Jetty is straight thuggin' and is not as easy as Maddox at this stage. He cries more, we are pretty sure he is really gassy, like Bing. Actually, I think he has some reflux issues and his skin is a bit sensitive. We had to switch to fancy pants, expensive diapers to save his rear :(

***
Bing works from home now and so we get some good "daddy time" which usually involves little clothing, baseball and quite often treats. The favorite right now is caramel apple suckers, we love them.
This is mini Bing
Maddox is a superb mimic so watch your mouth when you come to visit!
***
Barney and Marcia came to visit and kick my tail at Scrabble. I am sure Marcia's only purpose in coming was to serve me up a fatty slice of humble pie. But really, they are such a blessing and a joy to be around. Barney got to go pheasant hunting with the menfolk, a much anticipated event around here, and the women ate popcorn, played scrabble, went antiquing and checked out the Harvest Fest. The visit was faaar too short but we crammed a lot of fun into the time we had.

***
I turned 27 this year, AAACK!

Bing made me a tasty cake and we celebrated with my parents and the Nuttings.

I bought myself a crown and scepter, because my household needs to be reminded who is the pretty princess. There is a whole lot of testosterone around this place.

Maddox likes pink

Jetty hates baths and has learned naughty gestures already

but is oh so sweet when he sleeps

7 comments:

Addie said...

WHAT was in that cake?! It looks a little frightening.

I love all the photos, love the mimicry, but sad for Jetty's crying jags and wussie skin. Excited to hang with you guys soon!
Addie

aubyn said...

Ahh, Addie took the words right out of my mouth!The perfect comment.

Lindsey K said...

I can't stop laighing at Jetty's bath picture it's great! I am glad that you keep all those boys in line can you imagine what it's going to be like when they are teenagers? you will be fighting girls off with large baseball bats....metal ones I am sure. Love and miss you guys!

Grammie Perrine said...

It is TRUE I took 2 terrifying plane rides just to beat you at Scrabble...it had nothing to do with seeing you and your darling family. You may be a little competitive...as I recall you won EVERY game and I won ONE...but that is the game that sticks in your craw! Love this post so much excepting the photo of the old folks on the rim... kisses mama

Gailzee said...

Lane, you are the forever Pretty Princess! All your boys are just so darn cute! What great pics...little Jetty is being the "normal" baby! That little guy Maddox was exceptional where babies are concerned! Have a fun time while Bing is home! It always blesses me to see Bing doing his "Daddy" thing...priceless! Todd was like that too because he worked evenings when the girls were little! It's a special time for everybody!

Reese said...

I like the crown and wand idea...methinks the menfolk around my place could use a (daily) reminder. Now that you get to be a SAHM, your presence in Bozeman is expected more often :). Love to you and yours.

Reese said...

And I forgot to say that when you come to Boz, please be prepared to make fried chicken for me and mine. :)