Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dunked

Can I just tell you all, how VERY proud I am of this man. My husband is so passionate, honorable and self sacrificing. He earnestly seeks the Lord's heart and will for our life and wants nothing more than to give abundantly to others. One of his chief aims in life is to bless others and to increase their quality of life, so much so that we have discussions on budgeting and what we need as a family first. He literally would go into debt to help others.
He has made a miraculous transformation from the man he once was, and if you cannot see God's hand in all of that, you are blind.

Brief synopsis: two people meet at a mall 1000 miles away from his home, fall madly in lust, party and drink and carouse, move in with his folks 1000 miles away from hers, get pregnant, move back to be close to her parents, get married, have several heart attacks and survive them, Bing quit drinking(almost 2 years w/o a drop!), win a house,quit smoking, get pregnant, start our own e-commerce business. Because of this business, Bing was able to find a day job (alongside another business owner) that supports us to the point that I can be home raising two of the most beautiful and precious boys in the history of man.

While Bing had already begun the journey to a closer relationship with Christ, the mentorship that he has received through our business associations has spurred him forward with great ferocity and zeal.

We have the great joy and honor of meeting with five other couples and exploring life issues and studying the Bible. The couple who hosts this group are phenomenal people, who have been "doing life" with my parents for the last 30+ years. Bing asked Fred if he would baptise him as an outward declaration of the choice he has made, to serve and surrender to Christ.


I AM SO PROUD OF YOU BING PERRINE, I MUST SHOUT IT TO THE WORLD! YOU ARE AN AMAZING HUSBAND, FATHER, AND LEADER. YOU HAVE THE MOST TENDER AND SELFLESS HEART AND GOD MADE YOU BROKEN SO THAT HE COULD SHOW MANY PEOPLE HIS GREATNESS THROUGH YOU. I DON'T KNOW WHY GOD CHOSE US FOR THIS EXTRAORDINARY LIFE BUT, I AM HUMBLED AND HONORED TO BE A PART OF THE GREAT WORKS HE IS ACCOMPLISHING. I LOVE YOU ENDLESSLY.

LANE

10 comments:

Molly said...

Lane, this brought tears to my eyes - thanks for a great reminder of the beauty of God's goodness.

Addie said...

Amen to that. You both have grown so much and become even more dearly lovable. God put you two together for His glory, and your willingness to be tools in His hands is humbling and encouraging and really really wonderful.

meg said...

God does work in us in the most amazing ways! Way to go Bing.

Anonymous said...

Lane, this is so powerful. Your story is one of incredible redemption and it is amazing seeing how the Lord has literally transformed your lives! Love you guys.

Gailzee said...

This is just the kind of Hooray I needed today! I am touched beyond words! I love you all!

Grammie Perrine said...

My face is tear-stained. My heart is full to over-flowing. Love you so much my Montana Perrines. Love you SO much!

Bill Fovargue said...

I should have loaned Bing my Cross swim jams!

Unknown said...

Coming soon to a theater near you: Holy Water Hot Tub

Laurie said...

That is awesome.

naomi said...

Lane what a powerful post. Thanks for sharing! It has been amazing to watch God work in your lives.