Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sometimes I wish I didn't take so many pictures

We had an impromptu trip to Bozeman on the same weekend as my folks, so the whole fam was there together, enjoying the fickle weather. We spent most of the time together, outside: pummeling Maddox with the hippity-hop(pretty much everyone had a shot at him), roasting marshmallows, "fixing stuff", and all around enjoying one another.

Preparing to "fix stuff"

Daddy's favorite sport ;)

Tuckered punkin

Maddox wandered out of the camper with a box of matches and then actually lit one...awesome.

Handyman Schuyler
(WHY can't I tell them apart? If I can't see Smith's freckle I am stumped)

On Sunday, we headed through Yellowstone National Park, praying and hoping to see a moose. Bing had never seen a live moose. The weekend before, Mom and Dad went through and didn't see one... we saw 5! The first mom and baby were so far away, you could hardly make them out with my telephoto lens, better than the naked eye. Those moose, each time we saw another it was closer than the last. How cool is that?

Mom and baby 1&2

moose #3 &4

Moose #5
Each photo was taken with the camera fully zoomed in so you can tell how much closer we were each time! We also saw a black bear, loads of Bison, deer & antelope. No wolves. I'm fine with that.
Coming over the Beartooth Pass was exciting. There were 12 foot banks of snow still fully encasing the highway, it was foggy, snowing and slushy. At 11,000 feet on a road that you know falls off the face of the earth, because you've seen it without all of the snow, it gets you a little freaked.

Um, Mother Nature, it's June, can we please have our summer now?

There are lots more photos, check out the slideshow to see the rest.

5 comments:

aubyn said...

What fantastic adventures! I say THANK YOU for taking so many photos, I love them.
That photo of Maddox with the matches is too funny.
Your Jellystone trip looks neat too, you know I have never seen a moose either! I didn't know they could be gray! Thank you for getting out of the 'burban to take a picture of the snow wall, I appreciate your efforts!
You guys are cool people :)

Gailzee said...

OMG! The snow on the highway! What a great little vacation trip! So many fun animals! I love all the pics of the boys and now little Jet is standing by himself! Awesome! Thanks for an absolutely fantastic post!

Lindsey K said...

yay for photos, great post.

Addie said...

Yay for photos! Next time leave me and all my chins out. :)

It was very fun to see you. Let's do that more often.

Reese said...

Great photos, good times. I took a bunch of pics of the family visit too - not one of them includes me either! Well, I was there nonetheless. :)