Sunday, June 26, 2011

SUMMER!

We have finally had some nice, hot days amidst the stormy nights. We have been making the best of those days and soaking up as much of the sun as we can.
Father's day, Maddox got a lesson in how to pee like a man, minus the super cute buns.

Jetty was brave and crawled way out in the yard and Maddox buddied up to him

We hit up the wading pool at Pioneer Park with a girlfriend and her babes. Maddox was too hot to handle in his "eyes" and Jetty was awfully brave, as if he isn't aware that he doesn't know how to swim.


We spent a hot summer day at mom and dad's with some friends, had some tasty pizza, the first, fresh picked strawberries of the season, stolen at gun point.

Maddox is becoming a boy, not a toddler or a baby. He is a big guy, with a big vocabulary, big personality and he is doing more and more on his own. Even though he does not like bugs, Horse Mascots,rowdy puppies, snap-pops or pop guns, he bravely mastered the big slide.

Jetty too... he has ceased to enjoy baby food and wants to eat whatever he can snag with his sticky little fingers. He got hold of a whole hamburger patty, half of a poptart, some tree bark, potato salad, and his brother's smores, he loves food.


Aaaaand, check out those top teeth!

****
In other news, I am now 8 weeks pregnant and have a baby the size of a kidney bean. I feel wonderful, not much of an appetite but when I do want to eat it is usually pretty particular. Bing went to Wendy's at midnight to snatch me some Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, tonight I had to have chinese. We had a flu bug move through the house last week, that was brutal. All good now though!

6 comments:

Addie said...

YAY! Love the pool pics, and the strawberries stolen at gunpoint. Momica is so brave. I'm glad you're feeling wonderful with specific cravings. Hoping my next go-round has more of those that include protein, because the straight-cereal-diet sucks!

Gailzee said...

Oh Lane the pics were just so cute of the boys swimming, eating and peeing! Those sun glasses were perfect! You're right that Maddox is a little boy now.. no baby or toddler stuff. Whew! That went fast!

Lindsey K said...

those blue eyes and those sunglasses! Oh, and congrats on #3 you brave brave woman you! I only wish I were closer to help babysit!

Reese said...

I'm with Maddox on the Horse Mascot thing...creepy and gross. Also, I am envious of your non-puking pregnancy. However, I noticed you said jr. bacon cheeseburgers, plural. Wowza. :) Love you all.

Momica said...

Fun Pictures! I am one blessed grammie to spend so much time around the boys-all of them!!! I was wondering if you could find any larger sunglasses for that wild Maddox. I love Jetty's front teeth just don't stick your finger in his mouth anymore! Love you all!

Grammie Perrine said...

What the heck is a Horse Mascot? Love the green spork-wielding whip-cream-covered joyfulness!