Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I love my life

We have just returned from 2 1/2 weeks on the Oregon coast. IT WAS AWESOME! We are so fortunate that Bing is able to work from anywhere he has cell service and therefore, we are able to take extended trips without giving up income.

The first week was spent uninterrupted in Warrenton with Barney, Marcia, Jennifer and Julian. We explored antique shops, Fort Stevens, Youngs River Falls, and Seaside; we went beach combing at Cape Meares and ate out A LOT.

Sunset at Seaside Roundabout

Boys poking things with sticks at Cape Meares

Maddox A-D-O-R-E-S Julian. Most used question... "where's Juuuian?"

Annual family photo at Youngs River Falls

Maddox loves splashing in the surf, he would get sufficiently wet and then run up to the dry sand and promptly trip, coating himself like a churro. Then, walking would be unbearable and he would beg you to hold him...dad is more of a sucker than mom :)





He was not having as much fun as I was! Haystack Rock in the background.

Jetty liked all of the eating. He eats more than any baby ever born! The beads at Lil' Bayou were a big hit.

Mom and Dad Myers were on a fishing extravaganza and made their way to Astoria for a day and night. Bing and my Dad went on a guided Sturgeon fishing trip. According to Bing, Dad caught all of the keepers and a 6.5-7 footer, Bing caught all of the babies. They are prehistoric looking bottom feeders, they have no bones and their meat is nice and white, much like Halibut.

The girls and babes shopped a bit, had a fun lunch at Coffee Girl and then headed home for a mean(slightly vicious) game of Scrabble. Then, Barney made a huge pot of crabs, and Marcia cooked up her famous Clam chowder and we ate like kings!



MORE TO COME!

5 comments:

aubyn said...

Those pictures are great! I am glad you had such a great time.
I feel like I don't know Jetty as well, so I eat up all those pics and descriptions about him :)

All the Perrines look like they are doing well! Jam on, Barney. Jam on!

Hannah said...

We loved Gearhart/Cannon Beach/ Seaside! Much less spooky than the Olympic coast, and the tide pools are amazing, super jealous! Cannon Beach has these fun reclining beach bikes too that are a blast! I love your life too!

Reese said...

I simply must accompany you on one of your seaside trips! Good thing you have a suburban, I think all five of us and all 4 of you would still fit. ;)

Lindsey K said...

I love reading about your life :) what a great trip, I love the Oregon coast, as long as I am not expecting it to be warm (because then I am disappointed) Love you Laner-doo

Gailzee said...

When I look at all this happiness going on I just smile and thank Jesus for bringing the two of you together! You have worked thru some pretty tough stuff and you have made such good decisions and I for one, am so happy for the "life that you love!" God bless you all!