Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Funday

Papa Barney and Aunt Piper made the very long journey over to visit. It was Pipers first time meeting Maddox and he really adores her; I have never seen him snuggle as much as he did this weekend. It was very, very sweet and heartwarming to see him love on his family. We had a wonderful time visiting and just hanging out. As Barney put it.... When we come out to visit we run around all over the place and spend a little bit of time with them. When they come out to visit, we feel "obligated" to spend most of our time hanging out with them. Of course there is a bit of truth to it, but not in the heartless way that it sounds. We truly enjoyed every second we got to spend with Barney and Piper and are looking forward to another visit very soon!

*******
Today was a beautiful springish day. The birds were chirping outside of our apartment, it was sunny and a balmy 42 degrees. Bing, Maddox, Julian, Aubyn, Hans and I barbecued burgers, built a fire in the fire-pit, and Aubyn and I did some yard work. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon full of friends and good food.

Julian climbed up onto the clothesline pole and wasn't sure how to get back down. I suggested he lower himself onto my shoulders and I could get him to safety, to which he insisted that I couldn't do it and he would break me. As you can see from the pictures I DID do it and I am not broken(just a little compressed), I was even able to offer him a slow gallop up and down the yard until Bing lowered him from my shoulders with a very metro sexual man-hug.

*******
Bing Maddox and I all wore Stripes, hats and chuck taylors today. It was slightly corny but we got a decent family photo out of it.

*******
Maddox is 7 months today. My how the time is flying! He gets sweeter and sweeter each day and learns knew ways to make me laugh several times a day.

He is teething pretty seriously now, I think he will have at least one tooth by the end of the week, we'll see.
He now knows how to use his Johnny Jump Up and thoroughly enjoys the exercise.
He isn't crawling yet but he rolls all over the place and flops on his back to get where he wants to go. I can no longer trust him to sleep on our bed, as I came in to him hanging over the edge, head first, and not at all upset. He likes to hang upside down, it's weird.
He is very ticklish, says dadadada interspersed amongst many squeals, squeaks and screams and smiles at me when I ask him to say mama.

I marvel at the amount of love one person can feel for another and it gives me a slight glimpse of what God must feel for all of his babies. I literally feel full to the brim, no... overflowing.

3 comments:

aubyn said...

It was a great BarBeQue:) Thanks for letting us crash your Walkers night, Perrines!

Reese said...

What a sweet update. Those Perrines are just plain fun folks!

Quite impressed with your shoulder-ride ability...thanks for all the pictures documenting the gallop...awesome.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

**roallugr: technical term for a loogie

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there with Grandpa Barney and Auntie Piper. Thanks for the wonderful photos! When I was little, my big brother Gary used to hold me by my heels with my head at his feet to rock me to sleep... Maddox must have a 'Marcia' gene in there somewhere... or we were both 'bats' in another life.

Love you!
Love Grammie P

"expla": a very quick answer.