Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Photo frenzy


We took a day trip down to Sheridan, Wyoming to see new sights. We checked out the Don King Rodeo, kinda lame, we don't know much about calf roping and all of that but it was a really cool arena. It was just a wide open, grassy field. There were very few fences, which is apparently uncommon. Someone kept throwing a ball out into the field for their kids to retrieve. The announcer totally called them out and asked someone with common sense to explain why this was a bad idea... probably the highlight of the whole thing.

******
Mom and I had a garage sale to rid our homes of unnecessary crap (I mean treasures). We were pleasantly surprised at the turnout, especially since it was so far out of town. We made a couple hundred $, while spending a good deal of time together... totally worth it! Maddox hung out with us, wandered around in the walker, entertained shoppers, and shared Grammie's snack food. Dad didn't pack socks and shoes so we were stuck with pink socks and the leather moccasins that my sisters and I wore as baby girls.

******
Bing, Maddox and I are in a commercial for the Progressive Change Campaign. We filmed out at my parent's house and a little bit in downtown Billings. It should be on Youtube tomorrow and TV by the weekend.

******
Aunt Sissy gave Maddox a Little Tikes car for his birthday, what a hoot! He loves the thing and tries to put all of his other toys into it... they promptly fall through the open bottom. Maddox fell out the bottom and Bing didn't notice, so Maddox was run over the day we got it :) He also love the little scooter/walker we got him for his birthday and like to fill up the "trunk". The first day he figured it out, he would hold it open while desperately trying to reach something to put into it. Blocks are the best fit. At his 1 yr visit we learned that Maddox is tall and skinny with a very large head... tell me something I don't know! Also, the doctor told us to start brushing ALL of Maddox's teeth, he much prefers doing it himself.

The Big, Billings, Benefit is this weekend! Pray for a good turnout, good weather and a rocking-good-time. For more on this see Heavy Head or The Softer Side of Cynical.
Soon to come: baby shower, friends come to visit, Bing-efit...

9 comments:

Reese said...

Lovely update - thank you! Did you guys get a new couch? See you at the Bing-efit!

Grammie Perrine said...

Baby shower? Baby Shower? Whose BABY SHOWER?

Grammie Perrine said...

LOVE all the photos and commentary. You make me laugh out loud. Love you Laney-Bird

aubyn said...

Wow a commercial... I can't believe they didn't let Bing wear his singlet. I guess the Montana-Man look is better for the camera

Lindsey K said...

always love the updates! I had high hopes of coming to the Bing-a-fit but it looks like my rides are all going back to Helena before 4 on Saturday :( but you never know!!

lanerdoo said...

Baby Shower for Reese and Sawyer... That was a frantic question, Grammie Perrine.

Grammie Perrine said...

Am I so transparent? For Reese and Sawyer, huh? Okay, that is a good thing.

holly gannett said...

what is the link to the commercial on youtube? I couldn't find it :) Good luck at the thing this weekend wish I could of been there.

Sissy said...

Those pictures of Maddy in the Lil Tikes car crack me up! That baby is the cutest little bugger.