Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why don't I ever have wine in my house when I really want some?

Oh my! We have been so brilliantly blessed over the last few months. Ever since Bing's hospitalization, I have realized the enormity of relationship and community. People that we don't even know have come along side us and supported us financially, emotionally and spiritually.

All of this said.... I now realize that I am an introvert. I like to be around people but not in the center of everything. I do not like being on TV, or in the newspapers, or being recognized by every Tom, Dick and Harry at the grocery store, and I want my privacy. Funny comment to put on a blog, huh?

It is different to share our life with people who love us and want to be updated and to be able to control the details and edit the details. I never lie on Burch Perch, but sometimes I leave out details that I feel are private. The newspaper is cutthroat... they have misquoted, twisted and blurted out information about our lives and I DON'T APPRECIATE IT!

My husband revels in all of this. He is thoroughly enjoying every interview, photo op, and video taken of him. Not the inaccuracies but, the attention.

I am enjoying this rainy day, blogging, inside and alone. Now, why don't I have any wine in the house?


The beautiful home that we won!
http://tours.imagemaker360.com/Viewer/15.asp?id=95797 Click this link to see more photos of the home.

8 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

The commercial is great. I didn't know Bing was such a good speaker - I ALWAYS knew he was so good looking. Hang in there, friend. You know better than anyone that there is a reason for everything!

tarah said...

Don't take the "media" BS personally, chica. As a PR person I can tell you first hand that reporters do NOT care about facts- just deadlines, word counts, and drama. It's funny; most media organizations have "ethics statements" but rarely do they follow those ethics (and they admit it!). Don't let that crap ruin your and Bing's moment. It's a beautiful thing that happened.

BTW- God doesn't read the Billings Gazette! :)

aubyn said...

I have a bottle of wine for us whenever!

Lindsey K said...

that place is breathtaking! it's the kind of house you only think you will have when you are retired and actually have money to decorate!! I love the zebra rug and the pots hanging up in the kitchen. When do you get to move in? Did you know the story ran in the Helena paper too? So Bing can come here and be in the spotlight as well :)

Addie said...

If you like white, I've a few bottles here I'd gladly give to the cause. :) And stick it out. One days news is another day's birdcage liner.

I hope the birds don't poop on your faces though. They are too pretty for that.

Anonymous said...

I can see how that would be hard, I wouldn't like strangers acting like they know me. I think you guys are awesome and this will settle down soon.

Gailzee said...

Lane, the bigger picture is that God was named and now the community knows you are believers. And even the negative comments are not without thought and introspection. God will be glorified. He has it all under control...rest easy and know that everything works for good...I love you and I'm so happy for you guys!

Grammie Perrine said...

AS my sister Artie told me..."If someone hands you rocks, do not put them in your backpack." We love you soooo much. Too bad there's is not a wine delivery service... Call Julian and tell him to drop by with a bottle after he gets off work!