Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Piddy-Paddy

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have no idea why we celebrate this day, but who doesn't like to get dressed up and get rowdy? Well, we got dressed up, but there was no rowdy.... Bing and I invited over a bunch of friends and cooked up:


9 lbs corned beef

6 lbs red potatoes

3 lbs cabbage

1 lemon curd blueberry tart

About 11 friends showed up at one point or another and we had a great time celebrating this unknown holiday. I asked them each to bring a six pack of their favorite beer and now we have half of a cooler full of random brews which we will now enjoy for the rest of the week! Surprisingly, there wasn't very much food left over, Bing and I each have enough for lunch tomorrow and that is all!


As is common with the Myers women, there are pictures of the event and none of them include me... oh well.

My sassy neighbors whom I love L to R: Becky, Bethany, Madnasty and Nate. I love the random expressions and Mad's sideways glance














Kaden giving Maddox the bird.

HAIR!
**********
I'm trying to grow my hair out for the first time in about a decade, it is winter, my hair has seen no sun and I have been feeling frumpy for the last two months, blaaaaah! Thanks to my gracious sister, Reese, I was able to have my hair cut and lightened yesterday and I am a new woman!

It sounds silly, but it is truly amazing how much my hair can affect my attitude; I was kind of grumpy and borderline depressed until yesterday. One inch of hair lifted 20 lbs off of my spirit and I feel younger and more vibrant than I have in a long time. Maybe I need to spend more time reading my Bible and rejuvenating my spirit, but my new hairdo gave me a jump start. Thanks Reesie, I sure love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The O'Perrines from Oregon were out painting the town green on St. Paddy's Day as well. Barney rocked the house at The Schooner and then had to be up at 3:30am to go to work the next day. Ahh... the life of a rock star. Kisses Geema Marcia PS - Love the tam o shanters on the boys. PSS I abhor corned beef but still wish we could have been there with you all.

aubyn said...

thanks for hosting such a fun party :) Your house was so cute, with your green fleurs and table cloth. Thanks for the food and fun, we wouldn't have made it a special day without you!

Janelle Wilson said...

You certainly are the hostess with the mostest! I can't believe you thought we would leave you food to eat?!? Who do you think we are? :) Thanks again, it was delicious fun.