Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th at Mithter Teve's

Our 4th of July was awesome! I have always loved the fireworks, playing with torches, the smell of black powder but this was one of the best. The entire family was invited to stay in a friend's cabin on Canyon Ferry and enjoy their fun water toys and showering out-of-doors. The showering was fun, except for the breezes that blew the cold, wet, shower curtain into your body and exposed you to the deer grazing on the hillside.

We played in the paddle boat, roamed the huge lake on the wave runner, went on boat rides, fished(with no luck), jumped on the trampoline, played catch with their dog, ate ungodly amounts of watermelon and other delicious foods, drank margaritas and watched 10's of thousands of dollars worth of fireworks explode in sparkling glory.

Except for getting frostbite in July it was a perfect weekend. Oh, didn't I tell you? While replacing the ice cube tray in the ooold freezer, my slightly damp fingers froze to the metal liner. As I whined that it was burning, my mother got a bowl of warm water to free me. I barely got my hand free before that also froze. I now have 3 purple fingers that are slightly blistered. Ouchy.



5 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

Everything looks fabulous! I love picturing the boys not pronounce their "esses" - well done! Looked like quite the gathering!

Lindsey K said...

Lane! I am so sorry I haven't returned your message yet. This post reminded me that you were in the neighborhood and then I was bummed we didn't get to see you :(
We were actually on the Stillwater. But we have a boat up here now so anytime you want to come back we can go out to the lake on a nice day and really enjoy it! We would also love to hear what you and Bing are up to and how we can be a part of things. feel free to email or message me anytime!

Addie said...

We had so much fun. I love that little man of yours and I hope your fingers get better soon. :(

Grammie Perrine said...

LOVE the laughing photo of Scott and Monica. What a beautiful couple. So glad you had a happy 4th. Would love to have had you all at Seabrook....cannot wait to see you!

Grammie Perrine said...

OUCHY fingers... does it make you feel any better that I had surgery on both my big toes yesterday?